Vi använder cookies för att ge dig en bättre upplevelse. Om cookies på Matklubben.    Jag förstår

Svensk-Amerikaner gör Lutfisk pizza

• mibrant 10 november 2013

Snubblade över det här. En pizza med lutfisk, bechamelsås, salvia, färskpotatis, paprika och en blandning av smakrika lagrade ostar. Dessutom talar texten om en lutfiskglass, dock utan närmare anvisningar.

--
    Here is an entry I recently put up in a blog I created. I created this recipe for Lutefisk Pizza for a “competition” style Swedish Cooking Class we had a couple of months back (I have been meaning to send it in). I should also say my wife created a lutefisk ice cream (seriously!). I don’t have the recipe, but basically she made a vanilla ice cream, but boiled the lute fish (probably about 4 to 5 oz) in milk to infuse the flavor. Surprisingly, the first day, it tasted initially like vanilla ice cream, but then morphed into a fish-flavored ice cream. Very strange, but actually good. A couple of days later, the fish flavor mellowed, and it was much more subtle. People really liked it.

Here is the pizza (basically, Christmas dinner on pizza):

Lutfisk Pizza (Yep!)

Here is the recipe for award-winning lutefisk pizza. This dish is made with ready to use ingredients. No more soaking your lutefisk in a stream for 7 to 10 days (no waiting, more time to enjoy your lutefisk!).

Ingredients:
    Trader Joe’s raw pizza dough
    ready to cook lutefisk
    small red new potatoes
    bechamel sauce
    fresh sage leaves
    yellow or red bell peppers (for color)
    Havarti cheese
    (optional – Swedish Farmer’s cheese)
    (optional – Gamla Ole 35 week “stinky” cheese)

Make a simple Bechamel sauce. After the sauce is ready, let it simmer with 3 to 4 fresh sage leaves for 10 to 15 minutes while you assemble the other ingredients. Roll out the pizza dough to about 12 to 14 inches.

Cut the potatoes into 1/4″ to 1/2″ thick “coins”. Use about 4 to 5 ounces of lutefisk, cutting away the fibrous part, and slice small slices to fit onto the potato rounds.

Remove the sage leaves from the béchamel sauce, use the sauce as a base on the pizza. Assemble the potato rounds, placing pieces of lutefisk on top. Add Havarti cheese. If you are bold, add equal amount of Swedish Farmer’s cheese and about half the amount of the Gamla Ole 35 week cheese. Add slices of yellow bell pepper and chopped sage leaves. Bake at 375 to 400 degrees until crust is cooked.

Believe it or not, people will request a second portion of this pizza (a rarity when it comes to lutefisk).

Also, as a public service – please remember – we Swedes pronounce it LOOT-fisk. Garrison Keilor has popularized the Norwegian pronunciation of Loot-ah-fisk. Loot-fisk. Looooooot-fisk. Kinda rolls off your tongue, you know like lutefisk!

• boz1965 10 november 2013

Lutfisk - äckligt!
    Pizza - gott!
    Lutfiskpizza - borde kriminaliseras!!!

{sick}

• Veranne 11 november 2013

Lutfiskpizza låter tillräckligt äckligt som det är... och sen föreslår han att toppa med Havarti och Gamle Ole {sick} {sick}

Lägg till recept

Vill du lägga in recept rekommenderar vi att du gör det på vår systersajt myTaste.se.

Vill du fortsätta göra det direkt på Matklubben hänvisar vi till gamla versionen av Matklubben som du hittar här.